- The Metamorphoses of Tintin, or Tintin for Adults by Jean-Marie Apostolidès
- Cocktail Boothby's American Bar-Tender by William T. "Cocktail" Boothby ("Endorsed by all Clubmen and Mixologists")
- The Ventures - Walk Don't Run: The Best of The Ventures
- Devin Townsend - Ziltoid the Omniscient
- Vijay Iyer Trio - Historicity
and a Slinky.
Also, new suits in preparation for an upcoming job interview. Not shown because I'll be picking them up on Tuesday.
I got my dad several jazz CDs: The Man Who Cried Fire by Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Guitar by McCoy Tyner (featuring Bela Fleck, Bill Frisell, Marc Ribot, John Scofield, and Derek Trucks), and a box set of Sonny Stitt (with booklet by Harvey Pekar). For my mom it was books: the Oxford Book of English Verse, Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke, and Ursula Vernon's Irrational Fears.
Dinner was our traditional Christmas spread: roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, stuffed mushrooms, and creamed spinach garnished with hard-boiled egg yolks and toast stars. This year mom supplemented the usual menu with homemade dinner rolls. Dessert was a trifle made with custard, pound cake, sherry, sour cherry jam, and Cherry Heering.
I hope you all had a merry Christmas!