- Joe Satriani's "Is There Love In Space" album
- A classical CD including a piece by Yardumian, who is awesome
- The Best American Comics 2006, edited by Harvey Pekar
- The Spirit Archives vol 1
- Supreme: The Story of the Year trade paperback, which collects the first part of Alan Moore's run on Image Comics' Superman pastiche, turning him from a "grim badass '90s hardcore" Superman-as-insufferable-asshole to a kind of paean to the silliness and unseriousness of the Silver Age Superman.
- Fearless and The Big Lebowski on DVD
- A framed poster I've wanted for years, a book cover titled "An Introduction to Error Analysis: The Study of Uncertainties in Physical Measurements". The illustration is a black-and-white photo of an old steam locomotive having crashed out of the second story of a building, with the engine nose-down on the pavement outside.
- and of course a bunch of chocolates, candies, and little knick-knacks in my stocking
We had our traditional Christmas dinner. We started off with shrimp cocktails, then the main course was rare roast beef, yorkshire pudding (made with the beef fat), stuffed mushrooms, and creamed spinach decorated with grated egg yolk and toast stars. For dessert we had trifle. This year's was made with sherry, cherry brandy, and morello cherry jelly and candied cherries from Fortnum & Mason, obtained on my mom's last trip to England.
I hope you all had merry Christmases or equivalents as well!