- Modified street clothes seems to be a common theme. pyawakit's FLCL-influenced version wears a Bat-vest, jeans, and Connies
- e22 incorporates Batgirl's hair into her costume in his design. I love the coloring here, and as a bonus he shows the pencil, ink, and finished color stages separately
- Another nice anime-influenced version, this one from spacecaptsteve and featuring SUPER BOOTS! I like how the design includes a pair of larger pouches or holsters, strapped to the legs at the bottom so they don't flop around. The gloves are also cool
- bangalores draws a vaguely World War One-ish Batgirl
- questionstar kicks it up a notch with an awesomely detailed action shot. There's a lot of stuff going on with her costume, including a cape that's more like a couple of scarves, a bat-helmet with yellow visor, and a huge bat-shaped crescent blade thing (anyone know what that sort of weapon is called?). Impractical, but very fun
- kurozukin_a doodles up a Bat-Mary-Poppins!
- slimu does a pair of oekaki sketches, one of lingerie Batgirl (!) and one of mahou shoujo Batgirl.
- sukeban drops the cowl in favor of just a pair of pointy ears and a domino mask. The yellow wrist and elbow guards and shoulder pads are cool details
- erik3k's midriff-baring Batgirl pic kinda makes me think of a Dreamcast game box.
- bobvonunheil draws for a very geometric-cartoony pic that's more about the scene than Batgirl herself
- Over on DeviantArt, Hector Sevilla (artist of Lullaby) imagines Batgirl as a Sakura-like Batman admirer. The batwing shape of her skirt is a nice touch, although the hips are kinda weird
- Superhero comics pro Mike Wieringo (The Flash, Rogue, Tellos, Adventures of Superman) blogs about the phenomenon and provides his own Nightwing-inspired design
- d0wn_on_paper provides one of the few Cassandra Cain redesigns (the other Casses I've seen are just pics of the existing design; most redesigns are either of Barbara Gordon or original characters), going one better than spandex and just painting the costume on (mildly NSFW)
- heartshapedkey gives us a stylin' indie-rock Batgirl weilding a tonfa
- stellaroux was unfamiliar with the character, so she went with what she knows and gives us faerie Bat-girl
- eikiji gives Babs a black-and-yellow costume and a sultry look
- onion_sama's submission almost looks like a woodblock print
- robotarm has a cool, semi-cartoony style
Batgirls part 3: the quest continues
Wicked Witch of the Weld by * Hail-NekoYasha on deviantART
Psylocke. Not the most flattering photo of this particular cosplayer, I'm afraid. I wonder what he's an interpreter of? Grunts and growls?…
CANABALT A giant robot battle rages in the city around you. Trapped on a high floor of an office building, you can feel the structure is about to…