- Modified street clothes seems to be a common theme. pyawakit's FLCL-influenced version wears a Bat-vest, jeans, and Connies
- e22 incorporates Batgirl's hair into her costume in his design. I love the coloring here, and as a bonus he shows the pencil, ink, and finished color stages separately
- Another nice anime-influenced version, this one from spacecaptsteve and featuring SUPER BOOTS! I like how the design includes a pair of larger pouches or holsters, strapped to the legs at the bottom so they don't flop around. The gloves are also cool
- bangalores draws a vaguely World War One-ish Batgirl
- questionstar kicks it up a notch with an awesomely detailed action shot. There's a lot of stuff going on with her costume, including a cape that's more like a couple of scarves, a bat-helmet with yellow visor, and a huge bat-shaped crescent blade thing (anyone know what that sort of weapon is called?). Impractical, but very fun
- kurozukin_a doodles up a Bat-Mary-Poppins!
- slimu does a pair of oekaki sketches, one of lingerie Batgirl (!) and one of mahou shoujo Batgirl.
- sukeban drops the cowl in favor of just a pair of pointy ears and a domino mask. The yellow wrist and elbow guards and shoulder pads are cool details
- erik3k's midriff-baring Batgirl pic kinda makes me think of a Dreamcast game box.
- bobvonunheil draws for a very geometric-cartoony pic that's more about the scene than Batgirl herself
- Over on DeviantArt, Hector Sevilla (artist of Lullaby) imagines Batgirl as a Sakura-like Batman admirer. The batwing shape of her skirt is a nice touch, although the hips are kinda weird
- Superhero comics pro Mike Wieringo (The Flash, Rogue, Tellos, Adventures of Superman) blogs about the phenomenon and provides his own Nightwing-inspired design
- d0wn_on_paper provides one of the few Cassandra Cain redesigns (the other Casses I've seen are just pics of the existing design; most redesigns are either of Barbara Gordon or original characters), going one better than spandex and just painting the costume on (mildly NSFW)
- heartshapedkey gives us a stylin' indie-rock Batgirl weilding a tonfa
- stellaroux was unfamiliar with the character, so she went with what she knows and gives us faerie Bat-girl
- eikiji gives Babs a black-and-yellow costume and a sultry look
- onion_sama's submission almost looks like a woodblock print
- robotarm has a cool, semi-cartoony style
Batgirls part 3: the quest continues
Long time no post! Since LJ's been on the wane, both in terms of community and actual functionality (we can seriously only go back ONE page on the…
Wow, that's one hell of a lineup! I can confirm that Earth is excellent live, or at least they were several years ago when I saw them in SF. Also, no…
Yoshi's got the moves.